R.E.X. V 4.5
Roadway Energy X platform
The REX Power Modules are installed in the roadway with only the sealed and motorcycle safe rumble strip mechanism exposed. When a vehicle rolls over the REX, the arc rumble strip tubes depress, where we convert that motion and mass energy into electricity. The electrical power is then stored in sealed battery banks for sensors, communications and operating functions, with excess power sent to traffic signals, building or the grid.
- In thousands of test cycles at less than 5 mph, our full scale prototype produced over 1 kW per car pass and we are ready to advance!
- In a busy 4 lane road or placed in locations with 100,000 vehicles per day, our prototype alone will power nearly 3 US family!
- The same busy 4 lane installation will reduce Green House Gas emissions by 24 tons per year, that’s 2 dump truck loads of GHG!
- Sealed systems are climate resilient, with retractable arc tubes for smooth passage for off peak or urban quiet times and snow removal.
- Power storage is designed to survive major storm events, powering critical infrastructure when grid power is lost.
- Extreme environment versions, limited only by snow/ice buildup and battery limitations, which operate around -20 C to 60 C or -4 F to 140 F.
- Exponential power increase at higher speeds and heavier weight.
- Patents Pending, Trademarks issued, copywrite/s pending, International PCT filed. Growing Intellectual Property holdings.
- Modular for optimum advancement and other systems integration.
- Sensors for traffic analytics with real time communications. Allows for volume based versus timed lights to improve traffic flows!
Ready for advancement and full scale applications
Contact us to be a part of the R.E.X. kinetic energy revolution.
- Safety: Designed to be Federal Highway, State, UL and ADA compliant, with specifications ready for review and adoption. Motorcycle safe, tamper proof and dynamic strike system. A clean energy revolution.
- Engineering: Sealed, tamper proof, designed to accommodate 2 times legal load limits, real time monitoring and quarterly maintenance.
- Output: Currently disclosed system captures 80 kWh per day or 29 MWH per year for every 100,000 vehicles per day passing.
- Installation: 4-6 weeks from contract approvals and site selection. Zero land requirements, no substations, no transmission requirements, installed overnight with known output based on traffic volumes.
- Capabilities: Sensor applications include traffic monitoring, communications, flow improvements, safety features, emergency power storage, internal grid metering and infrastructure connections.
- Cost: Comparable to other clean energy sources without subsidies, a new cost effective clean energy option with expanding capabilities and ongoing performance improvements.
- Applications: Roadways, bases, logistics facilities, ports, building facilities, border crossings, ferry terminals, parking lots, weigh stations, airports, fueling stations, toll booths, manufacturing.
Clean Energy through Kinetic Motion.
With its many applications, the R.E.X. can change the way we view traffic and help do our part in producing clean energy.
- Installed where vehicles are slowing down and collecting, capturing energy that would otherwise be wasted from braking.
- A scalable, clean energy option for Urban applications.
- Not dependent on weather, supporting our clean energy climate goals.
- Placement in high traffic areas will add a much needed benefit by adding energy into the grid or storage, just by daily traffic.
- With advanced software, the R.E.X. can gather valuable data needed for roadway systems to support traffic safety and infrastructure management services.